Music Art Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory Reggae Soul Musicality: Taking a Moment to Reflect

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Taking a Moment to Reflect

I have been sitting here thinking about Earth,Wind, and Fire, James Brown, Aretha Franklin, Bob Marley, Toots and The Maytals, The B52's, and The Cars. These artists are where my own style really came from. I heard predominately Reggae, Soul, and R&B music as a child and am so grateful for this musical introduction early in life. These are my influences, like fellow musicians inviting you to stand up, move around, and sing. I suppose in the grand scheme I was really influenced by my family first and foremost. We are all musicians. We have joked and called ourselves the famous "Von Wallace" singers, playing on the Von Trappe singers from The Sound of Music. But really, we all sing, too. Here is a video from back in 2007 with all of us. Buddy/Dad: bass, Evan/Brother: drums, Mom/Susan: singing as well.
Consider it the throwback of the day.


Current Music: a new song I wrote.
Current Viewing: Kickstarter.com . . . . to be continued!

1 comment:

  1. Really nice blog. Looks good. I have some suggestions for your Labels for next week... please remind me.

    ReplyDelete